Monthly newsletter for members of the League of Women Voters Northfield - Cannon Falls
Nov / Dec 2014 (December 2, 2014)
What a terrific and active autumn for the League of Women Voters - Northfield/Cannon Falls! We held candidate forums before the Northfield primary elections and LOTS of candidate forums before the general election in November. City Council and school board elections were covered, as well as the Rice County Attorney race. Even the U.S. House of Representative (2nd Congressional District for Minnesota) race was the subject of a forum. And Cannon Falls held a “Walk About” to allow constituents and those running for office to meet and chat.
Our League held four separate sessions of public Candidate Forums this year, three of them in the City Council Chambers and one in the Cannon Falls Library.
The Northfield-Cannon Falls LWV has recently created two new forms to improve member communication and collaboration with others. The first is a request to co-sponsor events: If you or an organization you are involved with would like the Northfield-Cannon Falls LWV to co-sponsor an event, you can fill out a form for the board to consider. You can also find this link on our main webpage under the Events tab.
January or February
- Program Planning Meeting for all LWVNCF members
- Reception and film for current, new and prospective members and guests
- Collaborate with Northfield’s Climate Change Lobby on a community event
February 20 and 21
- Income inequality conference at St. Olaf
- Human Rights Commission “Northfield Reads” event on immigration
- Annual Meeting for all LWVNCF members