Some facts for all of us to review and share with friends and neighbors:
- No excuse absentee ballots available September 23
- Pre-registration deadline October 18 (or same day registration on November 8 at your polling location)
Register to Vote
- Register to vote online through the Minnesota Secretary of State website.
- Did you know that if you haven't voted in 4 years you will need to re-register? The qualifications to vote in Minnesota include being a U.S. citizen, 18 years old on Election Day (November 8, 2016), a resident of Minnesota for twenty days, and having finished all parts of a felony sentence.
- To register online, you will need your Minnesota driver's license or Minnesota state identification number, or the last four digits of your social security number. To register at your polling place on Election Day, bring one proof of residence listed here. If your voter registration is current and active (check here), you do not need to bring identification. For your voter registration to be active, it means you registered twenty-one days before Election Day and you did not move/change names since then.