- October 30, 2016 at 11:11 pm
Watch video from the LWV City Council Forum
Saturday, October 22, 10:30 am: Northfield City Council
- Second Ward: David Delong and Jack Hoschouer
- Third Ward: Erica Zweifel and Norman Butler
- At Large: Greg Colby and Brad Ness
- October 30, 2016 at 11:07 pm
Watch video from the LWV Mayoral Forum
Saturday, October 22, 9:00 am: Northfield Mayor
- Dana Graham and Rhonda Pownell
- October 30, 2016 at 10:30 pm
“Making democracy work” summarizes the goals of the League of Women Voters. Locally, the LWVNCF registered voters and sponsored five forums at the Northfield Senior Center in October.
Many of the forums may be viewed on line:
- October 18, 2016 at 10:39 pm
Watch video from the LWV School Board Forum
Saturday, October 8, 1:00 pm: Northfield School Board
- Noel Stratmoen
- Fritz Bogott
- Ellen Iverson
- Rob Hardy
- Amy Goerwitz
- Tom Baraniak
- October 18, 2016 at 10:33 pm
Watch video from the LWV Minnesota House Forum
Saturday, October 8, 9:00 am - Minnesota House
- District 20B: David Bly and Aramis Wells
- District 58B: Marla Vagts and Patrick Garofalo
- September 15, 2016 at 10:19 pm
Dr. Edmund Santurri (newly appointed Director of St. Olaf's Institute for Freedom and Community) let us know this week that the 2nd Congressional District candidate forum planned for September 29th has been cancelled. The reason for the cancellation is the lack of affirmative response to participation from the major party candidates.
- September 15, 2016 at 10:07 pm
Some facts for all of us to review and share with friends and neighbors:
- No excuse absentee ballots available September 23
- Pre-registration deadline October 18 (or same day registration on November 8 at your polling location)
- September 15, 2016 at 10:02 pm
The November ballot includes an amendment removing legislators’ power to set their own pay and creates an independent citizen commission to set pay.
To learn the specific details of the amendment, please read the following one-page (front and back) flyer to educate voters on the amendment.
LWVMN has not taken any position on the amendment; instead we are educating voters.
- September 15, 2016 at 10:00 pm
Did you know there is an open Supreme Court seat? Who will you vote for? Would you like to hear the candidates first-hand? LWV West Metro Alliance hosted a candidate forum on July 27.
- August 9, 2016 at 12:00 am
You can see your polling place and your ballot through the Secretary of State website, http://pollfinder.sos.state.mn.us/. It's a short ballot, but there is a Supreme Court seat, plus Northfield City Council for some wards, and district court.
- August 7, 2016 at 10:12 pm
We are thrilled to announce a special collaborative venture that will take place on Thursday, September 29th, at 7 pm in the Black and Gold Ballrooms of St. Olaf’s Buntrock Commons: a candidate forum for Minnesota’s open 2nd Congressional seat. At the invitation of St. Olaf’s Center for Freedom and Community, we will be co-sponsoring with them this candidate forum, along with No Labels Minnesota (www.nolabelsmn.org) and Carleton College. Still in the planning stages, our current working title is: “Beyond the Sound Bite: A Town Hall Forum with 2nd Congressional Candidates.”
- October 31, 2014 at 9:49 pm
Watch Northfield City Council At-Large candidates Dale Gehring & Rhonda Pownell at the October 23 Candidate Forum.
- More e-Catalyst
- More Blog
- More Cannon Falls City Council Observer Reports
- More Goodhue County Commission Observer Reports
- More Economic Development Authority Observer Reports
- More Hospital Board Observer Reports
- More School Board Observer Reports
- More Planning Commission Observer Reports
- More Rice County Board Observer Reports
- More City Council Observer Reports
- More Civic Stories