The League of Women Voters Northfield-Cannon Falls (LWVNCF) is a grassroots affiliate of LWVUS, a national organization known for non-partisan political education and advocacy. LWV studies and takes positions on major issues that help shape public policy at the local, state, and national level, but it does not support or oppose political candidates. With separate tax-exempt Education Funds, LWV helps voters exercise their right to be informed, active participants in our government. Civil liberty, justice, and equity are always at risk without voter vigilance.
If you are a woman or man age 16 or older, we invite you to join as a member. Democracy cannot afford bystanders.
Board of Directors, 2021-22
- Co-Presidents – Adrienne Falcon and Pat Johnson
- Voter Services – John Haberman and Amelia Arnold
- Treasurer – Paul Zorn
- Co-Secretaries – Julia Tassava and Thea Hanson
- Advocacy – Helene Haapala
- At-large – Joan Higinbotham, Anna Kuxhausen, and Alyssa Melby
- Liaisons – Kathleen Doran-Norton (advocacy and environmental efforts LWVMN), Sinda Nichols (Carleton College), and Alyssa Melby (St. Olaf College)
The League of Women Voters, a nonpartisan political organization, encourages informed and active participation in government, works to increase understanding of major public policy issues, and influences public policy through education and advocacy.
We don’t support or oppose candidates.
- We support issues.
- We support legislation.
- We focus on the future by tuning in to issues that affect us all.
- We shape public policy.