The League of Women Voters Northfield-Cannon Falls (LWVNCF) is a grassroots affiliate of LWVUS, a national organization known for non-partisan political education and advocacy. LWV studies and takes positions on major issues that help shape public policy at the local, state, and national level, but it does not support or oppose political candidates. With separate tax-exempt Education Funds, LWV helps voters exercise their right to be informed, active participants in our government. Civil liberty, justice, and equity are always at risk without voter vigilance. If you are a woman or man age 18 or older, we invite you to join LWVNCF. Democracy cannot afford bystanders.
Board of Directors 2014-2015
- President - Helene Haapala
- Vice President / Action Chair - Mary Hahn
- Secretary - Sarah Entenmann
- Treasurer - Paul Zorn
- Communications - OPEN
- Membership Chair - Bonnie Jean Flom
- Voter Education - Terry Stead and Jeanne Agee
- Online Communications - Nathan White
- Action Chair - Allene Moesler
- At-Large - Anne J. Aby
- At-Large - Adrienne Falcon
- At-Large - Orick (Ricky) Peterson
- Observer Corps Coordinators - Open
The League of Women Voters, a nonpartisan political organization, encourages informed and active participation in government, works to increase understanding of major public policy issues, and influences public policy through education and advocacy.
We don't support or oppose candidates.
- We support issues.
- We support legislation.
- We focus on the future by tuning in to issues that affect us all.
- We shape public policy.